WOVENSHACK

Wovenshack is an Indonesian-based online tailoring services for women. Through their web-app, Wovenshack allows users to design clothing items from scratch or customise ready-made designs.

Wovenshack is designed to help busy women get the clothing item they need without the hassle of browsing through numerous stores or going to the tailor.

This project is currently under development.

ROLES

Research / UX Design / UI Design / Usability Testing

DURATION

July 2022 - now (ongoing)

EMPATHISE

During the Empathise phase, I interviewed three different potential users and ask them about their experiences getting their own custom-made clothes, and it was found that the main issue that most of the interviewees experienced was how the clothes the tailor made did not match the customer’s specifications and expectations. This become the main problem Wovenshack is trying to solve.

After doing further secondary research, it was decided that the UX design for this web-app is mobile first as according to GlobalStats, mobile devices made up to 63.15% of the market share in Indonesia compared to the 36.48% market share for desktop.

OBJECTIVE

Create a mobile-focused web app that will let users create customised clothes which will allow busy women to create custom designs from the comfort of their own home.

USER PERSONA

Based on these findings, I created 3 personas which resemble Wovenshack’s potential users.

COMPETITORS ANALYSIS

Additionally, I conducted a competitive audit to see what other similar services are doing. Unfortunately, I could not find a similar service in Indonesia which could be a competitive advantage as the market is still quite new.

USER FLOW

These are the user flows I created specifying how a user could design an item from scratch and how they could customise a ready-made design.

WIREFRAMES

I chose to focus on the designing an item from scratch flow and the checkout flow first.

USABILITY STUDY 1

For the second usability study, I got 5 participants to try creating a customised design and checking out the item using the lo-fi prototype. However, due to the lack of images and labels on the lo-fi prototype, users were not sure what to do on each screen.

HI-FI PROTOTYPE

Based on the result of the first usability study, I modified the wireframes and worked on the hi-fi prototype.

USABILITY STUDY 2

For the second usability study, I got 4 participants to try creating a customised design and checking out the item using the hi-fi prototype.

THE NEXT STEPS
NEXT PROJECT:

MATEUP